Sunday, June 5, 2011

Robot Bag

So, I made a purse and it's awesome, by my standards of awesome. The bag itself is crocheted, and I was planning (and even made) a crocheted robot to apply to the bag, but I didn't like the "crochet on crochet". So, I cut pieces of felt for the head, body, feet and hands, and used embroidery thread to sew the body and head for a "sewn with love" look. The limbs are from and old shoelace. They move and wiggle when the bag is in motion, but are not posable (though that would be really cool). The heart is a jewel I had lying around the house. It's a cross-body and not lined because the yarn is really thick.

robotbag

robotbag2

robotbag4
^Close-ups aren't my camera's strong point.

robotbag5
^Action shot!

robotbag6
^Buddy doesn't seem to understand that he's supposed to face the camera.
robotbag3
^Bot-Bot is happy you visited him!

3 comments:

Domenico Maceri said...

Nice.

Linda said...

You did a good job on the last photo. It looks really cute.

Meg Needles said...

very adorable bag. ^_^ I have a weakness for robots.