Sunday, June 5, 2011

Why I Like The Title of This Blog

Green = Nature and growth. I might say spring, but we live in central California, and really only have two seasons here -- green and brown. I prefer green. The modern English word green traces back to Old English grĊwan, meaning to grow. I consider growth part of the reason for writing this blog

Green = Environmentally friendly, conscious of human beings' place on the planet, and determined to leave that planet no worse for wear.

Green = Irish. That I am. Lucia's only half Irish.

Green = Unripe, unfinished, not quite ready yet, but with the promise of something sweet in the future.

Green = A person without much experience. No matter how old you are, you are always green at some things. If there aren't things you want to do that you have little or no experience with, you're dead.

Bananas = A food that is both healthy and nutritious, which is a combination we're always searching for.

Bananas = Completely insane. In a good way. (Okay, sometimes in a good way.)

Bananas = I like bananas. Bananas are good.

1 comment:

Lucia said...

I like our blog name too! Also, that video may be my new favorite thing...ever.

It's funny now that any time someone mentions bananas in our house, one of us says "I like bananas. Bananas are good." That's a tradition I hope to keep.